Wednesday 30 September 2009

Earthquake 30 Sept 2009

I was still in the office around 6.15pm yesterday with 3-4 colleagues when I felt the tremors the first time. I thought I was probably dizzy because I was having a headache due to exposure to the sun and I was fasting sunat Syawal, so I thought it was just me feeling malnourished. My chair was shaking and I thought it was the wheels moving. Then I got up to make sure that either I was dizzy or the building was moving and said to no one in particular, "Is it just me or is the building moving?". Assured nothing happened, I sat down and continued iwth my emails. Then Tasha came and asked me if I felt the building moved, and I said yes, I thought it was just my imagination, and then wham! Both of us felt the tremors again, this time around more visible than the last because we were aware of it and we saw the leaves of the office plants moving. I said to Tasha let's get out of the office, now! We switched off our PCs and collected our bags and quickly went to the lift, praying that there won't be any tremors. A lot of things were playing in my minds, would I make it out alive? would there be any more tremors? I was scared. The elevator came soon enough and it was packed with people. I met En Wan, one of the Directors and asked him if he had felt the trmors, and like me he said, I was having a headache and I thought that was it. Alhamdullillah we reached the lobby without any incident. Later on, I heard on the radio, an earthquake had hit Sumatra with 7.7 richter scale and its tremors were felt in Malaysia, including Angkasapuri. Tsunami alert for Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia.

Lets pray for the victims of the earthquake in West Sumatra and the tsunami victims in Samoa.

3 comments:

la Signora said...

And you went for the lifts?!Woman, like hello...LOL nampak gaya bukan takat fire-drill, earthquake drill pun kene start buat.

Akhir zaman dah ni...

Beautiful Life said...

Yeah, I KNOW!!! Bila dah masuk lif baru terfikir. Tawakal jer lah kan...kuang3x.

Sebenarnya mmg kena buat earthquake drill because when things like that happened, you panciked and dont know what to do!

adianiez AIDA said...

aku tg busy borak dgn jiran2 masa tu. kami tak sedar diri sebab sakan sgt berborak hal anak2.

amat menakutkan di akhir zaman ni...