Friday 16 November 2012

TGIF!

Assalamualaikum wbt

Just wanna wish everyone a Happy Deepavali & Salam Maal Hijrah.

With the two festivities, we have public holidays. Who doesn't love a public holiday especially in the middle of the week and two days at that on the same week!

But to be honest,this has been a confusing week for me. As you know, we celebrated Deepavali on Tuesday and Awal Muharam on Thursday of this week. Its nice to take a break in the middle of the week but for me the working days on Monday, Wednesday and Friday felt very odd because I start working everyday like its Monday but end everyday like its a Friday.

Allow me to explain. Usually after a weekend off, you feel dread that Monday is looming. So when 7pm comes on a Sunday, you start to feel that the rest day is so precious as it is about to end. But Monday still comes the next morning. With it some Monday blues, but you quickly adapt with the routine of the work. And so it goes for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. But Bam! Friday comes and you know its the last day of the week and after that it is your rest day again. So you go about the day knowing that Saturday is coming and you will have that rest time that you so crave. So the circle of life goes on and on.

But with this week, I have Monday AND Friday on the same day for three days. I started work with some Monday blues but after lunch I feel light hearted because the next day is a rest day. So this happened to me on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It is surreal and I feel conflicted. Maybe I am too jaded and set in certain ways, especially what I am feeling on different days.

But I am glad that today is Friday, for real! This week is finally over and next week we can start with our usual days again :)

TGIF!

1 comment:

Stephen8 said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Thank you for a good webpage and I hope you preserve up the great function. If you do I will keep on to checked out it.

property shop real estate