Monday 10 March 2014

Greece: The Land of Gods & Myths

Ok so this is a really overdue post for me. This trip was done in Summer of 2012. I may have some facts incorrect but these are my personal recordings.
So Greece. When I was there, the economic situation that hit Greece was at its peak. Eeverywhere i go around Athens, a lot of the shops were closed. People were jobless, it was a hard time for Greece. Nonetheless, tourists still flocked to Greece.
What strikes me most about Athens is that there are ruins everywhere. The city is a living ruins of days past. Its an amazing feeling to walk around in the living museum, as though being part of history. Some pictures below are just random as and when the tour bus stopped on our first outing in Athens, Greece:

Olympic stadium


Athens Archeological Museum


On our way to the Acropolis Museum

Fridge magnet is a must...only Euro1 each

Acropolis Museum


Acropolis of Athens

A ruin at the Acropolis Museum






Shops around Athens

Greek stuff on sale - herbs & spices

Odeon of Herodus Atticus

Yours truly in front of the Caryatid porch of the Erechteion, Athens



View of Athens city from the top


Athens is a lovely city and I had a good time absorbing all the sighs and history of Athens. My only regret was not reading up more about it as there were so many interesting history about Greece...




No comments: