Sunday 7 December 2008

Landslide tragedy in Bukit Antarabangsa

Let us pray for the victims of the landslide that occurred yesterday morning (6th December) in Bukit Antarabangsa, claiming the lives of 4 people, wrecking 14 bungalows and forcing thousands of people from nearby condo to abandon their homes as they were ordered to evacuate the area for fear of safety.

So sad that this tragedy happened just days before the Hari Raya Qurban, and also eerie that it happened near the collapsed condo of Highland Tower which occurred on 11th December 1993 due to landslide and poor construction pilings.

More on the landslide tragedy:
The Star
Berita Harian

3 comments:

la Signora said...

Again?!That area is a horrid place to set up homes.I think both government and people should come up with a solution.Or have we ran out of engineers and architects to do an inquisition on that area?Dari dulu always the same old tragedy.It's tragic, yes, but geez...seriously, waiting for the whole bukit to collapse izzit?

Tsk tsk, unnecessary collateral damage I tell you.My prayers are with them.

Beautiful Life said...

I know....but there are a lot of homes in B.A. Even Datuk Siti Nurhaliza resides there. Its the place to be lah, I suppose...makes me think a lot of times to buy anywhere which is hilly or potential landslide are.

la Signora said...

I berangan want to have a farmhouse....near a realiable watersource, have my own perigi etc.I've always wanted to be farmer.It's hardwork, not much of a glamourous lifestyle, but the joy of your own produce.

...it's like taking a big satisfactory dump that leaves your body feeling alive, y'know.

What a horrible analogy.